Jul 29, 2008

Food For HAppineSS


Looking at this picture one might think am mad or may think that I love food so much that am keeping a picture of it even here,in my blog!! Well....not exactly,today me and shreyoshi were walking towards rashbehari by the sidewalks of southern avenue. To me its always a pleasure to walk with a friend who mostly has a mentality like I have. It adds to the sweet fun. Shreyoshi suddenly craved for tea...I was surprised at first then I gave in to her persuasion of having tea at a local cha stall(can't find a proper word). Well I won't say that I exactly Love having tea like this....but I like it... I find a sweet pleasure in it...(gachher niche ekta slab er opor boshe cha khaoyar ekta alada feeling ache). Well,I found the tea not at all good but the person who wanted to have tea,luckily, loved it! I complained to shreoyoshi that the cha-wala has put too much milk in it,but it went unheard. Then to improve my taste-buds I told her to come with me to Maharani tea and tiffin shop. Actually I love this shop right from when I started to eat shingara,kachuri,jalebi.......Shreo did'nt want to have either of the mouth-watering snacks...she opted for pantua! And my god how much she loved it..that she ate three of them![hahahaaaahaaaa] She was giggling cos she was being a glutton! I chose not to have sweets(typical of me)and had 2 kachuris(which me and shreo shared)and later had a shingara. The people of the streets and the dukanwala were practically gaping at us! As if we are aliens from other planet and we happen to love this food!!! I,being the person who is treating myself and shreo..was very happy with the food.But I also noticed few poor kids and people who wanted to have kachuris,but they did'nt have enough money to even buy it! Though it costs around 4 rupees! If I had enough money I would have definitely bought for them,atleast the kids.I saw the longing in their eyes,and the fact that they can't have it made it more evident! Returning home,was thinking of my childhood..how much I craved for this kind of food. And how again I have started to find simple happiness in these simple and sweet moments and happenings of life. Indeed,money can't buy Love or Happiness.

No comments: